DMA C117 - Web Design with Dreamweaver
This course provides students with the opportunity to develop and refine visual design skills, building upon students’ previous foundation of digital imaging, XHTML and CSS markup, and understanding of usability and accessibility. Students develop an awareness of various Web design styles and genre. They will also develop proficiency through the intermediate level in the use of Web development software, Adobe Dreamweaver.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Design and produce visually attractive, usable, accessible, and interactive Web content that takes the intended audience needs and expectations into account.
- Use Dreamweaver’s features to create Web content that correctly separates semantic encoding from content.
- Use Dreamweaver for collaboration and testing.
You are required to obtain your software and textbook(s) prior to the start of the semester.
- Adobe Dreamweaver CS6
You'll find the best academic prices for software at http://www.uscollegebuy.com/0ab/asl.htm. Order early to ensure you have your software by the start of class.
Please see the Cerro Coso online bookstore for required textbooks:
- Click the Textbooks navigation link.
- Select the Campus (Cerro Coso), the Term, the Department (DMA), the Course, and the Section. Then click Add Course. Repeat for each of your courses.
- Then click the View Textbook List button in the Review Your Courses box.
- In the next screen, you can add the books to your shopping cart, and place your order.
- You can order the book online through this site, or you can make note of the textbook and purchase it elsewhere. Be aware of the vendor's projected delivery time, and ensure that your book arrives prior to the start of class. If the book is backordered, choose another vendor that can deliver sooner.
Certain instructors are offering Lynda.com training as an option to online students, either as a supplement to a software tutorial textbook or as an option in leui of software tutorial textbook. For some courses, instructors are opting to use Lynda.com training instead of textbooks entirely. The cost to students for Lynda.com at the academic price is $10 / month. Students should wait until the first week of class to enroll, to receive specific instructions for how to qualify for the discount. Specific instructions will be described in the course syllabus.
To find out if your instructor is requiring Lynda.com training, please see the Online Schedule Page, and choose the appropriate term. Scroll down to find your course, and click the course name to display the Course Information Page. The page contains other useful information about the class.