Enrollment Fees and Tuition
- California Residents: $46 per unit enrollment fee ($138 for a 3-unit class)
- Non-California U.S. Residents: $266 per unit—includes $46 enrollment fee, $33 Capital Outlay fee, and non-resident tuition of $190. ($798 for a 3-unit class)
- International Students: $266 per unit—includes $46 enrollment fee, $33 Capital Outlay fee, and non-resident tuition of $190. ($798 for a 3-unit class). Please see the International Students page for additional guidelines and application packet.
Tuition costs and fees are subject to change at any time. Please contact the Cerro Coso Admissions and Records office at (760) 384-6357 for official fee information, or visit their web page at http://www.cerrocoso.edu/studentservices/admissions/tuition.htm.
To estimate the costs for tuition, books, and software, you can use the worksheet below. Online students will need to purchase software, and those costs are factored in. Although on-campus courses don't require students to purchase software, the advanced web design courses are only taught online. Students will need to purchase software eventually
The following is a Cost Estimator Calculator for the 34-unit Web Design Certificate, using a sample set of electives. Chose your residency status to populate the calculator with the correct values. The Associate Degree in Web Design will somewhat less than twice the cost of the certificate. Actual costs are subject to the particular electives that are chosen, as software and textbooks can vary. The electives in the form below are several of the more expensive electives, so your costs may be less.
Cost Estimator Calculator
Required software applications for the core courses are:
- Adobe Photoshop Extended CS6
- Adobe Flash CS6
- Adobe Dreamweaver CS6
- Word processing and graphing applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel or Google Docs
- FTP program (Dreamweaver's internal FTP function will work)
Depending upon the Electives selected, additional software may be required.
Students can purchase software at educational discounts from the following sources:
- http://www.uscollegebuy.com/0ab/asl.htm Recommended source, best prices!
If you have previous versions of the required software, Creation Engine offers very good upgrade discounts for students.
The above Cost Estimator is based on individually priced and purchased applications at academic discounts. However, greater overall savings can be obtained by purchasing one of the Adobe Creative Suite 5 packages. The following all meet the minimum software requirements for the Web Design Program:
- Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium (best option of you also want a few extra web design tools)
- Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium (best option of you also want desktop publishing and illustration tools)
- Adobe Creative Suite 5 Master Collection (best option of you also want motion graphics and video production tools)
For a side-by-side comparison of each package and the applications included, see http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/.